IT Technician Level 2
Job Title: IT Technician (Level 2)
Reports to: IT Manager
Kosh Solutions is recruiting for a Full-time/Salaried/Fully-Benefited Network/System IT Technician (Level 2). This is an opportunity to work for an exciting New Mexico based company that provides a full range of technical services to small and medium sized growing businesses.
This is a unique opportunity that will offer both hands-on system and network support as well as strategic design, evaluation and analysis. Our company is looking for someone with a genuine customer/consultative approach when supporting their clients. The role will offer challenging technical support, a supportive cohesive team, competitive salary, AMAZING benefits, flexible hours and company car usage and/or full mileage reimbursement for any travel required to client sites (30-50%) travel is required and it will be in the Las Cruces & Albuquerque, NM and Durango, CO surrounding areas only!!!
We are looking for an experienced Network/System IT Technician (Level 2) that can handle both 1st level phone support and server and network equipment issues and problems—they should be familiar with server virtualization in Hyper-V/VMware, and be familiar with business-class firewalls. In this role you will be responsible for installation, maintenance, and repair of servers, personal computer HW, and peripherals, either at the customer’s site or through a remote connection. You will also proactively monitor and maintain network systems, taking action as necessary to troubleshoot problems and improve network performance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Install and maintain Windows PCs in both Workgroup and Domain environments
- Install and manage Windows server operating systems, including Hyper-V or VMware virtual machines
- Manage and maintain Domain, SQL, and Exchange servers
- Provide telephone support to resolve issues using remote management tools
- Provide timely on-site support for problems not resolved using remote methods
- Be accessible to less experienced technicians to help resolve problems beyond their skill levels and take responsibility for problems that must be escalated
- Provide support for common Windows applications (Microsoft Office, Adobe apps, Quickbooks, etc.)
- Troubleshoot and repair common hardware problems to the subassembly level (power supply, hard drive, video graphics card, etc.)
- Manage and maintain business class routers and switches (SonicWALL, Cisco)
- Install and maintain DSL, cable, and T1 services; familiarity with business telephone systems and VoIP systems desirable
- Install and expand facilities, including punching down Ethernet jacks, patch panels, etc.
- Provide basic support for Mac workstations and iOS and Android mobile devices
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required:
This position requires strong technical skills and at least four years’ experience in the technical support of small- and medium-size businesses. In addition, excellent customer service and communication skills are a must as this position requires interaction with customers and other Kosh Solutions technicians every day. The System/Network IT Technician must maintain a good driving record as the job responsibilities include driving company vehicles on service calls, often with little advance notice to handle client emergencies.
At least two of the following certifications or equivalent experience are required:
- CompTIA A+ or MCDST (Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician)
- CompTIA Network+
- CompTIA Security+
- MCSA (Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator)
- MCSE (Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer)